Frontend Development (gn)
We are one of the fastest growing startups in Germany in the field of education. Our mission: to improve everyday life in schools with the help of digital communication. To do this, we build digital tools that are as simple, safe and helpful as possible. In this way, we enable every school to make use of this potential of digitization and to have more time for what education is actually about: learning, school development and personal relationships.
Your to do's
- Help us scale real-time communications :
- new features for video conferencing
- new features / improving existing ones for messaging, survey, calendar, ...
- Develop within all parts of the stack:
- Your job will be mainly focused on the frontend but you are always happy to help out with code reviews
- Write beautiful code:
- You document well and see the importance of testing. Due to your previous experience, you are able to break down tasks and execute them in efficient ways
- Constant learning:
- You get excited by technical challenges - on the lookout for new technologies you are searching for the best one for each use. With curiosity, you pick up new languages and frameworks fast
- Help the team succeed
- You communicate clearly and honestly so that effective and successful work is possible for the whole team, who does the same. That way we develop a shared understanding of immediate next actions and long term visions. When you don't fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow. We, as a team, are here to help each other.
- Accessibility, usability and the current web standards are important to you
- Strong awareness of code quality and clean code
- Profound understanding of basic web development technologies like HTML, SCSS
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Knowledge of cross-browser development and browser compatibility
- optional: frontend tests (cypress)
- MacBook Pro? Sure, with us too!
- Ready for a vacation? With us you get 30 days vacation.
- Do you enjoy pursuing your hobby and spending time with your family? We work flexibly and mobile!
- Do you feel like cool people and great team spirit? So do we and that's half the battle!
- Do you want to make a difference? Our jobs are sustainable AND have a real social impact.
- Coffee not enough? We have an energy drink flat rate from our partner acáo
- Water olé? Our office is right next to the Moselle, the city beach and the university including the cafeteria
- After Corona: lunch together every lunchtime and regular team activities
Become part of the mission now